About me

Monday 12 August 2013

Denim hot pant revamp Hilfiger stylee part 3

So now you should have both of your sides, or whatever you wanted covered, cut out and ready to pin.
 Make sure you make a tiny fold as you pin so your overlaying fabric wont rip off or Frey in the wash and through wearing
Once you have finished pinning both sides you should have something that resembles this:


Now for fun part... Stitch it all in place!!!!
You can be as detailed or a rough as the style your going for  here, for mine I wanted a slightly worn vintage look so I didn't bother machining I just hand stitched it, also this way it's easier to switch thread if the colour on the pattern changes....( if your that picky)
 I'm not so I used the same thread all round.
Once all the stitching is complete, your pretty much all done unless you want to add any appliqué or fancy bits, I added a bow to back pocket using scraps from the ugly flag top ......



.......and that's it ..enjoy :-) Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment